Billed annually. Priced per seat.
Billed annually. Priced per seat.
Each developer working on the codebase using the NES library requires their own license. Licenses are unnamed and transferrable to accommodate changes in your team structure.
Our licenses define two categories of users: Billable Users and Authorized Users. Billable Users, the only seats you pay for, are for developers who write production code that executes with the NES library.
Authorized Users, who are free and unnamed, are any other users who may interact with the NES library at any stage of the development process but do not write code.
Examples of Billable Users:
- Front-end Engineer who writes code that builds on our library
- Front-end Engineer who writes code that is on the same page as our library
Examples of Authorized Users:
- Full-stack or Back-end Engineers who only need to use the library
- Quality Assurance Engineers who write test cases around the product
- Testers, Product Managers, Beta Users, etc.
- Continuous Integration Tools
Licenses are purchased on annual terms, and there is no penalty if they are over provisioned or unused. Additional licenses can be added after an agreement has started, and seats can be scaled back during each Support Agreement’s renewal period.
Our Support Agreements require customers to perform a “good faith” internal audit to ensure compliance with licensing, but how this is done is up to you.
We keep it simple, both for your sake AND compliance / security reasons: our products are offered free of any kind of license tracking, termination switches, or “phone home” functionality of any kind.
Yes, we offer multi-year terms for any of our products ranging from 2 years to 10+ years – contact us to learn more.
Yes, contact sales to help us understand how we can support the causes that are important to you.
Even at small organizations, procurement can be a lengthy & frustrating process for everyone involved. We’ve taken that into consideration at every step of our journey, and the end result that we are a viable option for any organization. We’re confident that even the most rigorous business units will be able to onboard NES with ease.
Some of the factors that make onboarding easy are:
- Our products are patched versions of what you’re already running, so they are familiar and behave identically (just more secure and compatible)
- Our software contains no tracking, license enforcement mechanisms, nor “phone home” functionality of any kind. We never receive information about your users, products, development practices, systems, environments, or any other sensitive information.
- Our deliverables are neither On Premise nor Software As A Service and thus do not require a runtime environment. True to our love of Open Source, the source code is included for all products making security reviews a breeze.
- Other than standard sales and procurement information (contact details, quotes, etc) our organization never receives nor retains sensitive information about your company. As such, we typically do not engage in NDAs or Data Sharing Agreements as there is simply no confidential information to protect.
No! You never pay an additional fee for any additional environment
All NES libraries are offered for free with an active Support Agreement. This license is perpetual, meaning even after your Support Term ends you can continue using the latest version – no rollbacks required.